Psychological tests are the standardised tests written, visual, or verbal evaluations administered to assess the cognitive and emotional functioning of children and adults. It is used to assess a variety of mental abilities and attributes, including achievement and ability, personality, and neurological functioning.
Psychological Testing Process
- It is done when one experience emotional or mental health related difficulty and not able to understand the reason. There are exception to this: Career or Intelligence related tests.
- Sometimes your family Doctor, Psychiatrist or Lawyer may recommend such tests.
- Most of the tests are paper-pencil test and may need 1 or 2 hours( depends on your speed or the test items)
- Tests are used for diagnostic purpose.
- After the test conduction, report is discussed with you by your doctor or psychologist or counsellor.