Depression or Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) is one of the commonest of all mental illnesses. We have seen Women and middle aged adults look for depression treatment in Vashi & Navi Mumbai. Nonetheless, any individual irrespective of gender, age, race, religion, socio-economic status, may suffer from it. There is also a higher chance of suffering if a family member has also been suffering from it (positive family history).
“I’m a 19 years old teenager…fighting depression under the guidance of this Dr. Vikas Deshmukh… If he wouldn’t have cured me at the right time… It would hv ruined my future plans & life goals.”
Depression Treatment at Manovikas Clinic:
At Manovikas Clinic, Dr Vikas Deshmukh and his team believe in a combination of therapies for depression treatment. However, in most cases, it is best to start the biological treatments first, followed by psychotherapy. Most patients respond to psychotherapy well, once they have shown good response and improvement with medication. Typically, in the first episode of an uncomplicated depressive illness, we continue the anti-depressant therapy for about 6 months once patient achieves full response to treatment.
We also recommend, a healthy diet, adequate sleep, quitting addictive substances, relaxation exercises, yoga, meditation and other healthy lifestyle changes to maintain the response of the therapies even after the patient goes off medications.
Life after treatment:
Treatment maybe life-changing for patients as they are able to once again re-integrate in society and carry on to live meaningful lives.
Patients from a various backgrounds have been helped with treatment and can return back fully functional, occupationally and socially. We recommend treatment as soon as possible to avoid losing valuable time of one’s life to this illness, which can be managed quite well. We also recommend regular treatment and follow-up with your therapist.
Signs of Depression:
In India let alone people in Vashi , Navi Mumbai the signs of depression are often neglected and people seek treatment only when they have reached a higher stage of depression. Hence, below we have mentioned some signs of Clinical depression
- depression is characterized by low/sad/depressed mood most of the time, on most days. Sometimes, the mood maybe irritable and patient may get angry for trivial reasons.
- The person may lose interest in activities that they previously loved doing or were interested in, they may even lose interest in their routine, day-to-day activities.
- They may have difficulty sleeping or other sleep irregularities. Their appetite and sexual desire may decrease.
- A depressed person may find it hard to concentrate or has difficulty remembering things.
- Their decision making capacity may get impaired.
- The thoughts may become more negative, so that patients may view themselves negatively, feeling worthless and having inappropriate guilt feelings.
- They may also start viewing their future and the world around them in general, negatively. This leads to them feeling hopeless and helpless.
- They may become withdrawn socially and avoid interaction with other people as much as possible.
- They may start having thoughts of ending their lives and may lead to behaviours of self harm. Suicidal thoughts, wishes and attempts as such, should not be taken lightly.